On Monday 25th we again for the 5th year championed the JHCH Volunteer Thank You Morning Tea for the 100+ volunteers that dedicate their time to the hospital. This is an event that we coordinate yearly to give back something to those that give so much to children and families when they need it most. Over the course of the year 9,000 plus hours are worked by volunteers.
Their assistance ranges from:
- In the Emergency Department and the NICU volunteers provide emotional and practical support to the families and siblings.
- On Wards, Librarians share their love of books while Child Life Volunteers deliver and wash toys, so that children get to play like they do at home.
- Palliative care volunteers work in both the community and in the hospital providing vital support to carers and children often during difficult and stressful times.
- Outpatients volunteers keep the kids entertained while they wait for their appointments.
- Ward Grandparents are always there to cuddle babies.
- Delta volunteers bring their friendly dogs like Teddy, Misty and Nahla in every week.
- Gardeners make sure that the Fairy garden is a magical place to visit.
- First Steps Parenting volunteers help new parents by playing with their babies.
- Outside of the hospital, our fundraisers spend many hours raising money for vital equipment. The volunteers range from university/tafe students to retired teachers, nurses and child care workers some volunteer for a single year or right through for 25 years.
Insight Wealth Planning send a massive thanks to the volunteers for the work they do and Monday was a chance to show them how much we appreciate their work. Events like this wouldn’t be possible without other like-minded business who help sponsor the event or supplies for the hospital.
We would like to say a massive shout out to: